Sunday, March 15, 2015

5 Things To Do With Cabbage

Do you need cabbage to go along with your corned beef? 

 I love to eat cabbage. Here are the various ways I have used, stored and eat cabbage.

1) How to Dehydrate Cabbage (<---Directions)



2) Cabbage Chips: Now if you choose, at the point where you have steamed that cabbage & before you put them in the dehydrator. you can toss the damp cabbage...  



...with some olive oil and spices of your choice. My favorite is chili powder or Adobo. Then continue the dehydrating process. These are extremely tasty.



After your cabbage is dehydrated properly, then my I have two ways I prepare my cabbage.
First, add some of the cabbage to a pot of water and cook until rehydrated. 




3) Cabbage and Vinegar: The very simplest is just rehydrate, drain and eat with apple cider vinegar. Personally this is the way I grew up eating cabbage.

4) Sauteed Cabbage: Then the second way is sauteed with butter and Adobo spice. This has to be my favorite way to eat cabbage. 


Again, very simple. Rehydrate the cabbage, saute in butter and add Adobo to taste. Adobo is probably my most used spice blend. I use it on most of my vegetables, on meats, particular on baked chicken. It's usually found in the Hispanic food section at the grocery store. Though I do order it online. 


5) How To Make Sauerkraut (<--Directions)



When I get settled in the new house, I am going to make kimchi for the first time. If you haven't had any, it's a spicy fermented cabbage. A friend gave me a gift as a house warming gift. Looking forward to sharing that with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment