Thursday, October 23, 2014

Chicken & Dumplings (Food Storage Meal)

When I started storing meals, I definitely took the saying to heart “Store what you eat, eat what you store.” One of our favorite meals is chicken and dumplings.


I stored jiffy mix (yes, now I have all the ingredients to make them now, I just use one batch of my biscuit recipe) and the very first thing I learned to can was chicken breasts.

Now that the weather is chilly, I made our first chicken and dumplings for dinner last night of the season.
First I got the chicken broth boiling and added some chicken breasts.




Then I made and rolled out the dumplings nice & thin. Dropped them in the broth and let them cook for about 5 minutes.


Teaching the next generation. My son loves chicken & dumplings. His wife doesn't know how to make them. Last year I brought all the stuff over (all canned by the way) & the grand children & I made chicken & dumplings. We had a blast. Everyone had two helpings, extra the youngest one, who wanted more canned green beans.

               

I must apologize, I am so unorganized. I've have mentioned multiple times, I have
simply shared my journey with you as I learn. That is literally what I have done. First I started on fb for about 6 months, then I started blogging about what I was doing. Consequently there is a lot of fb that I haven't transferred over. I started to transfer some of the fb albums over to the blog, but I am WAY behind. I just realized I have never posted on the blog something as simply as pressure canning chicken. Have patience, I will work on getting that up in a few days. Maybe after we settle in our new farmstead, I will take some time off work & transfer everything from fb to this blog. I appreciate you putting up with me. See, you are able to do this also. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment