Saturday, January 3, 2015

Two is One, One is None...

One of the basics principles you will hear over and over is "Two is one, one is none". I even think that should be "Three is two, two is one...". I expand that myself into the more I use an item, the more I store. Also, as we are cleaning out the house it is so much easier to organize what I have.  More specifically I try to insure that I have items that don't use electricity. While this is prudent in a time without electricity, I also simply prefer hand tools.


While I only have one rolling pin (I am apt to use a bottle just as quickly), I have three sets of measuring spoons. 
I have a lot of scissors, (these shown here were a more recent purchase) really good ones and mediocre ones I have accumulated over the years. I also have four Kevlar gloves. All that took was slicing a part of my finger off to make sure I have several.


 

I have multiple can openers, plus P-38's. I have both the newer type of can openers that take the rim of the top & the older type (of these) that leaves the rim on the can. Which is important if you are opening large containers of say freeze dried items in a #10 can. You need to leave the rim on so you are able to place a lid on the can. Plus, I keep a stock of P-38's (and emergency blankets), since they are so inexpensive.


 

Though only two are shown here, I have three sets of canning tools. Two are kept in this bag, the other in my second canner. Yep, I have two pressure canners also. 

Potato peelers, thermometers, cheese graters and more. I even have two percolators, They were free! This list goes on and on and this is just some of my kitchen gadgets. 


I often encourage you to simply think so...as you are going through the next couple of days, be aware of what you are using and how often you use it. Then consider if you need to have a back up in your supplies. Let me know what you come up with. Yes, a hairbrush can break, or we lose toenail clippers often. 
While I am a fan of the Dollar Store, when it is something important buy something more substantial that will last. 

What you see here on my blog and on facebook is original work (and pictures) that I (Perky Prepping Gramma) actually do myself. I simply share my journey on preparing. If you liked this article, please feel free to like me (Perky Prepping Gramma) on facebook & keep up to date on things I post. I appreciate the support. Thank you.
 _________________________________
I have an online Amazon Associate/store called Perky Prepping Gramma's Store. This allows me to show you the products I have personally used and endorse, while monetizing my work. What I found early on was people would ask me where I got such & such an item and I would simply share a link. 
Even on regular Amazon (not prime), on specific items, when your order reaches a certain point, I believe it's $35 the shipping to home is free. So, i created a store of these items I use frequently or recommend. It doesn't cost you anything extra, but I do receive a small percentage as an advertising bonus, if you purchase from my store. You are even able to just link in and do any of your regular Amazon shopping. I really appreciate your support!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment