Thursday, December 25, 2014

Making Lip Balm (not Hand Cream)

Making Hand Cream Lip Balm
I am grateful you all follow me, but honestly I am not sure why. LOL. I make a lot of mistakes and I don't use/follow recipes. 



Like I mentioned, I found a recipe for making hand cream and purchased the ingredients to make some batches. I wanted to give some to my mom (and other family members). Then couldn't find the recipe I saw before. Someday I will learn to carefully bookmark something I really care about.
Anyway, so I found a similar recipe and being my silly self, I adjusted the recipe.
What I wound up with is really more of a lip balm & it is wonderful lip balm.
But, I am going to have to make another batch and this time I will follow the recipe and see if I come up with hand cream. Here is what I used:

4 oz. Natural Coco Butter
4 oz. Beeswax
2 T. Coconut oil
10 drops of Vanilla Essential Oil
(on the second batch, for the hand cream I increased the coconut oil to 4 T.)


                        



I placed the cocoa butter and beeswax in separate small canning jars (so I could use the measurement lines) and put them in a saucepan of water, heated until the items melted. Then added the coconut oil and vanilla essential oil and mixed them all together.



Carefully poured the mixture into this nifty little tins I have from last years Advent Calendar.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment