Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Finding Storage Space...

This last week Mr. Perky was off work and we have been getting more things settled at the new home.
Basically we have thrown or donated half the stuff we owned. Now, I am going through each box and everything is being washed and either I find a storage space for the item or it goes in the “yard sale” pile or trashed. We have about 1/3 the space in our new home, so I am still purging and trying to be creative with storage space. I thought I'd share as I go along.
First, we don't have a linen closet in our new home. I had managed to store a lot of prep toiletries in our old linen closet. This is what I have come up with so far...I am storing most of that stuff in the bathroom itself. Thankfully this stuff isn't heat sensitive.

I purchased two of these drawer units. Honestly I was pretty amazed how much fit in these units. Basically we have everything that we use on a daily basis, plus our prep storage of about two years worth of shampoo, conditioner, cotton swabs, razors, band-aids and much more.
Then under the sink is the toothpaste, toothbrushes, soaps & deodorants. I have found these black boxes at Ikea. They work like a dream for me. You will see as I share more, that I have these boxes everywhere. They are made of black fabric with a mesh front so you are able to see what is inside.
I label them with a red paint pen. I seriously like these boxes. I am not even sure how many I am using currently for storage, but it's quite a few.
I arbitrarily wound up with storing about 2 years of items in my preps, with the plan of being able to then start making these items myself.
That is when I started focusing on learning skills like making toothpaste, shampoo and more.
















I participate in the Amazon Associate program, where I receive a small % commission for linking products that I recommend. I only recommend products I personally used and like. Your support is very appreciated, anything you choose to purchase through my link, is helping me to be able to share more things that I do with you. Perky Gramma Teaches Amazon link.

No comments:

Post a Comment