Monday, April 27, 2015

Storage to the Rescue...

I excel at not remembering things. LOL. While I responded to an e-vite, got a reminder notice and we have talked about for at least 4 weeks I forgot that we were gathering last evening. 
On my way home from church, I ran through the list of desserts I had in storage to make. Luckily, I hadn't packed everything and shipped it to the new house.
I pulled out a Ghirardelli double dark chocolate brownie mix Mylar bag & the recipe. 
Then I assembled:
1/2 C. Melted Coconut Oil (which I use as a substitute for vegetable oil)

1 egg (from a new batch I am testing storing with coconut oil) 
1/4 C. Water 
8 T. Peanut Butter



I just made the brownies according to the directions which I had cut out from the boxes.
Then our favorite is peanut butter brownie. I just plopped heaping tablespoons of peanut butter on top of the mix and swirled it around on top of the mix.

 
Baked it and after I tested one for quality assurance, wrapped it up and took it with me to the dinner.

I have about two years worth of stored desserts, some in Mylar bags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment