Thursday, March 31, 2016

Fire on Water

One of the most important skills a prepper needs to learn is how to start a fire. 
Even with mad fire starting skills, starting a fire in inclement weather like rain or snow, when every single thing is soaking wet can be a challenge to even the most experienced prepper. So I was surprised to see Insta-Fire recently on a t.v. show. This is specifically designed to help start a quick fire in adverse conditions.
NOTE: You still need to know how to start a fire, in case your don't have a lighter or matches to use.


This first test, I just poured the Inst-Fire in sink of water. LOL. Yes indeed it lit, but the product was so spread out. Thinking a little more then, I put the fire out, scooped everything out and dried the Insta-Fire on a towel. 
This time I put water in this container, poured the Inst-Fire on the top and lit it with a match.
It took fire really quickly and spread.
Yep, I was able to start a fire on TOP of water. The fire grew quickly and sustained until I put it out with water.



You do need to be realistic when using this product. It isn't a miracle fire in a bag. Damp or wet tinder or wood is still difficult to set on fire. But I truly believe that it increases your chances dramatically of getting a good fire going. Since it comes in individual packets, it is light weight and easy to add to a 72 hour fit or backpack.
Now I have to admit, I will be keeping this product on hand in multiple areas just because of the convenience of using it to start any fire.

What I do here is simply share our preparedness journey. We would love it if you joined our Perky Prepping Gramma community on Facebook. You will notice Amazon links in my posts. Your order is so very appreciated, because anything ordered through my Amazon Associate links helps me to be able to stay home & write for you.




Perky Prepping Gramma is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment