Monday, July 11, 2016

Lessons from a day without a toilet...

Day 1- Complete
New floor, new vanity...
If you are reading this, you probably have access to running water, a shower and a working toilet. This week we won't. We are having a jacuzzi tub, new vanity and flooring installed this week & we only have the one bathroom.
But, we have alternative solutions planned. 
Fun challenge. Thankfully we have also prepared how to handle the *S when the SHTF. Let's talk about emergency tiolets.
We already had a 5 gallon bucket with toilet seat cover, very similar to the one below. We set it up in a secluded location, away from the end of the house where the workers were & away from the kitchen. I must say I was very happy I had this toilet available-because I forgot how often I pee.
I didn't pull you the personal clothes for today, but used t.p. I have though ahead and had jars stored for disposing of the t.p. (personal cloths). May need to think this through a little further. Covered containers for the waste material. They need to be easily cleaned.Because we will be practicing our “skills” this week, I have seriously started thinking about adding an outhouse or porta potty to our property.
I was surprised to see that porta potties weren't extremely expensive.
At this point if you are considering something for a get home bag-though I haven't got one yet, I have a friend who is a big camper and swears by the female device for being able to urinate standing up.

I know I sound like a broken record, but seriously try your products out. Do test runs without electricity, water or even without a toilet. Every time I actually do something like this, I learn. I am sure you will too.

What I do here is simply share our preparedness journey. If you liked this post we would love it if you joined our Perky Prepping Gramma community on Facebook, comment or share. Plus it would just make my day.


Your order is so very appreciated, because anything ordered through my Amazon Associate links helps me to be able to stay home and write for you.Perky Prepping Gramma is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

1 comment:

  1. Your Affiliate Money Printing Machine is ready -

    Plus, making money online using it is as easy as 1---2---3!

    Here's how it all works...

    STEP 1. Input into the system which affiliate products you want to promote
    STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it takes JUST 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. See how the system explode your list and sell your affiliate products on it's own!

    Are you ready to make money automatically?

    Click here to activate the system

    ReplyDelete