Saturday, August 10, 2013

Dehydrating cabbage...

The first batch: Chopped up into pieces, steamed them for about 5 minutes, allowed them dry some, them placed on the trays to dehydrate. 
Afterwards I had to pick through the pieces because some were thicker and weren't done, and dehydrated them some more.
Second batch of cabbage: I sorted the thinner pieces from the chunkier pieces (the thick ones with the veins etc.), since the chunky pieces take longer to dehydrate.
The temperature was set at 125 degrees F., until the pieces were crispy. So far, I have about two heads of cabbage dehydrated. Plus, I have the crock of sauerkraut fermenting.
These dehydrated batches were vacuum sealed with my Food Saver in canning jars.





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete