Friday, October 31, 2014

Water Kefir (part 2)

I think I am becoming obsessed with water kefir. Seriously. This stuff is so good for you. I am working on building up probiotics in my body. Funny thing, I have never really been crazy about soda/pop or straight up juice.
But for me, water kefir is amazing. Here is how it is going in my "experiential kitchen".



photo credit Rawfully Tempting



Since I last posted, I have made a batch out of freeze dried fruit from Starbucks (strawberries and blueberries) & mango /orange juice. Plus, I have dehydrated blueberries, raspberries & some more juice (I really am just trying to get some bottles to store my kefir) and I have been dehydrating more fruit (mango and oranges) for coming batches.



I can't seem to make enough of it fast enough. I have even thought about getting more water kefir grains to up my production. The temperature in my house has been cool, so it has been taking 4-5 days for the kefir to ferment enough. The last batch & this batch I have sat on top of my dehydrator to speed up the process. I will be switching to raw sugar.


Shopping list:
The kefir on the left is the one I purchased first. Decided to go with organic. And as I am writing this up, I am ordering a larger batch. Going to kick it into high gear & share.
                                                            

I had a smaller dehydrator when I started, it finally died. I opted for the 9 tray Excalibur Dehydrator (I saved up my money until I could afford it). I absolutely love it & keep it busy all the time.

                                                     

I have an online Amazon Associate/store called Perky Prepping Gramma's Store. This allows me to show you the products I have personally own, used and endorse. The cost is the same for you, but I do receive some compensation if you purchase through my store. I always appreciate your shopping.

  Instructions with my first batch of Water Kefir

No comments:

Post a Comment