Thursday, October 23, 2014

“Perky” Richy Caffeinated Peppermint Hot Cocoa

It's chilly this morning and I am now curled up under an afghan on my couch enjoying a piping hot cup of “Perky” Rich Peppermint Hot Cocoa. All the ingredients are from my storage. The cooler temperatures of fall have been calling out to me to start making my cold weather favorites, so I thought I would share.


Perky” Rich Peppermint Hot Cocoa
Ingredients:
1 cup of milk
2 t. of sugar
2 T. of Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
1 packet of Starbucks VIA Peppermint Mocha (this adds caffeination)
(personally I wait until the end of the holiday season and stock up)
Dash of salt
¼ vanilla
Directions:
Pour the milk into a small sauce pan and whisk in all the other ingredients until piping hot. Pour into your favorite mug. Add whip or marshmallows if you wish. Enjoy!

This recipe was adapted from the one cup recipe on the Hershey's website
Ingredients:
2 T. sugar
2-3 t. Hershey's Cocoa
Dash of salt
1 cup milk
1/4 t. vanilla extract

TIPS:
Storing powered cocoa: On the Hershey Company FAQ they state “Cocoa is considered a non-perishable item which should maintain quality if store at room temperature in a tightly sealed container.” Sounds good to me. I keep mine is a cool, dark dry place place and probably have at least 5 years worth of cocoa stored currently.

I am now getting my Hersey's Dark Cocoa from Amazon.


(one)               (six)

I tend to use the same products all the time. You will often find Amazon associate links, which are part of an affiliate program. I will only link products that I personally have purchased & used. You are able to find all the items mentioned above at Perky Prepping Gramma's. Thanks! ~Perky~


No comments:

Post a Comment