Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Water Storage 101

Water Storage has probably been one of my highest priorities, really simple to store, but often one of the last things preppers store.
I am a wee bit concerned as we are draining our Augason water storage barrels this week, if TEOTWAWKI should occur ALL our water storage is now at the farm. 
My recommendations to beginner preppers is to list what you use each day and start stocking up in that order. My guess is that most people use water in some form or another within the first 5 minutes of waking up. Do you use the restroom, make coffee or like me grab a glass of water?
We have had 250 gallons of water stored in the house for some time now. Roughly three months of water. 
The general estimate is to store 1 gallon per person, 
per day and that is barely enough to cover very basic needs.

I personally store three gallons a day for two people and three dogs who drink about 32 oz. a day combined, just in case.




As you have seen before I have several water storage containers, but for my money I like the Augason Farms Water Storage Kit which contains a 55-gallon water barrel that is durable and designed for water storage. It safely pumps water, fuels, paints, and solvents and includes a lid opener and water treatment drops to treat 60 gallons of water.
Now I have to find a place to store my barrels & get them filled. I have a good idea where I am putting them.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of people in Australia discount the importance of having a good water storage system in their homes. These days with the threat of flood over every storm cloud, we need to be more on the ball with ensuring we do what we need to in our homes!

    ReplyDelete