Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Storyteller...

One thing you may not know about me, is that I was a paid storyteller for several years at two different stores. The last store was Zainy Brainy, if you happen to remember that educational children's store. In fact, I got to appear on cable t.v. reading several books, which was great fun!
I now spend a lot of time buying books and reading books for my grandchildren. So, I decided to add a section to the astore of children s books, Here are just a few examples.

                                                                                                      
Reading to children and having them read to you is an amazing way to bond and I personally feel it helps them learn to read better. Plus, in a grid down situation reading will become far more important. So it is well worth it to have an excellent library.
"The Read Aloud Handbook" by Jim Trelease is an excellent resource to help pick a well rounded library.      
                                                         
These are just a few more recommendations from Perky Gramma's Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment