Saturday, February 1, 2014

Tea Tree Essential Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)

Honestly, Tea Tree Oil from the Melaleuca Tree is one I have been hesitant to try.
I am very interested in using this oil because of it's analgesic properties.
I have sensitive skin and I am very sensitive to smells; especially if they are not pure essentials. So, first I did a sniff test. The scent lingered for about 5 minutes and didn't cause a reaction for me. I chose not to try this oil neat. 
I used gloves when mixing this up. I used about a teaspoon of coconut oil, melted the oil & added 5 drops of Tea Tree essential oil with a wooden stir stick. I applied this still using the glove, I used this on my knees and lower back.
Well, it passed the test. Yippee!
Then I also tried applying it before I showered and then another time after I showered. I did this because I have had some other products that have caused a very uncomfortable burning sensation on my skin when using them close to the time when I have showered. I didn't have any problems with this Tea Tree Oil.
Overall I am pleased with the results. The smell is still strong for me, but I am able to use it on locations not close to my face (nose). I noticed that it does relieve some pain for me. This is one I will use and share.
WebMd has a few cautions about using Tea Tree oil.
Now with all that said, I choose to use Plant Therapy Essential Oils.
Perky Gramma's Store/Essential Oils
There are many options out there that are good quality. Do your research and make up your own mind.
Now share how you personally use Tea Tree Oil back on the Facebook page.
Thanks you all!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete