Monday, September 30, 2013

What about storing prepackaged creamers for coffee?

While I was gone, Sharlotte Riley & Chrystal Boyers were asking about storing add-ins for their coffee.
Honestly, it's not something I have done or probably will do. But, I would like to encourage more interaction here and see if someone whats to try... Sharlotte asked" "Good mornin!!! I have a question for ya. I am looking for a way to stock up on Coffee mate's Cafe' Mocha ...I am talking long term, I have not found a powdered form of this yet so my question to you is.. can I can this like I do my milk or ???? any suggestions would be most helpful. Thank you"
And Chrystal asked: "Do you have any idea how you could make and can flavored creamer"

First I want to give a shout out to Jim Mcconnell & Peter Bendal Kear for trying to help out. You guys rock! Peter even added his suggestion "I am not too big on flavored creamers but I do happen to like the vanilla ones. There is a problem with this as many have sugar or HFCS in them. What I do is simply use a little vanilla flavoring along with my creamer. Now I am betting you could do the same on say a larger scale and make a batch then simply follow the process I have seen on her to both can and dehydrate milk."

What I have found out so far that canning milk & 1/2 & 1/2 will work WITHOUT sugar. As for storing pre-made creamers, it depends on if it is powder or liquid creamer?
If it is a powder, just simply put in a canning jar and vacuum seal it. I do have some sweetened mocha powder and vanilla bean powder vacuum sealed in storage. 
I don't believe canning will work for the sweetened liquid creamer. If it is a liquid...want to try a challenge and post your results?
My suggestion would be to try dehydrating one container of your pre-packaged flavored liquid creamer.
Here are the directions for dehydrating milk 
Then turn around and reconstitute it & try it out. This is how I reconstituted the milk. 
Anyone up to trying this out? Take pictures & let me know how it turns out. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks to sharing your blog here I would like to introduce my coffee beans manufacturing services visit my services
    uk coffee beans

    ReplyDelete
  3. The proteins in animal milk also bind to the staining properties in coffee to then carry them to the stomach where they can be broken down.  Coffee Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee drinks have many different names that come from many sources. Coffee houses have 64 drink selections they agree have the same basic recipe. Some of these drinks have different names or have a number of variations. A good barista is one who knows how to make them all. detartrage machine delonghi

    ReplyDelete