Saturday, June 27, 2015

Ways to Save & Earn Money When You Shop Online

I am going to start sharing various ways to get your finances under control. This is a strange post to start with, but I know people are going to continue to buy things online so you might as well earn a little something back while doing so.
If you order things online here are a couple little tips that will able you to earn cash back, or qualify for other  things like free shipping.

First there is Shop at Home. I am not sure how I even found this site. But if you already shop online at places like, Walmart, Target, Kohl's  or others you are able to get a % cash back.
Now there are multiple ways to earn some cash.  Every time I am I going to make a purchase at Walmart, I log in at Shop at Home and find the latest deal for Walmart and link through. Then I start shopping. This takes a while to accumulate the cash, but I am getting a check in the mail this week for $20.
Just so you know, I use a debit card, not a credit card when shopping here.


Now you know I am all about getting out of debt and staying out of debt. I do have one credit card, it's from Amazon. When I make a purchase, I immediately click into my bank and pay that amount off through on line bill paying. Therefore I am still paying cash per se, but carry no balance or pay any interest. 
With that being said, you receive a certain amount off an order when you first sign up for the Amazon credit card.  You also receive a small percentage of cash back periodically, which you are able to then apply to an order.
One year ago I signed up for Amazon Prime (cost $99 a year). At first I bulked, but I now really appreciate the various privileges. Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial was enough to convince me of its value.  The FREE Two-Day Shipping has been my favorite. I also enjoy the free streaming movies and t.v. shows.
In some larger cities they are now offering same day shipping (I usually shop at night and receive it the next day) which is pretty amazing. 

* FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
* Instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows
* Secure, unlimited photo storage with anywhere access
* Unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
* Borrow books from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library
* Early access to select Lightning Deals on Amazon, and every event on MyHabit.com

After the free trial Prime is $99 per year. I just renewed my Prime membership this week. 

Well, these are just a couple tips. If you are going to shop make it work for you.
I will be sharing more soon on getting out of debt, because I am going to share how we got out of debt, are staying out of debt and were finally able to get our new home debt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment