Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Have you read: Declaration of Independence, Constitution and YOUR Bill of Rights

All right, today I am issuing a personal challenge. A challenge that only takes a little time. 
When is the last time you have read the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and YOUR Bill of Rights? Did you even read it in school? I have to admit I had been remiss until I was challenged about a year and a half ago by someone I respect.  
Not only am I challenging you to read it, I am challenging you to ask others to read these important documents. 


When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...



We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
The United States Constitution:Free on Kindle at the time of posting.


THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution...
Bill of Rights: Free Kindle version on Amazon


While I am at it, I am ordering this book for my grandchilden. Please order here: The Tuttle Twins Learn About the Law I haven't read it yet, but I believe it is worth purchasing based on this review from Angela at Food Storage and Survival




No comments:

Post a Comment