The best thing is as a prepper, I have 100% of the ingredients stored. I was noticing though I only have one pastry blender. Living on the farm, away from a quick trip to the grocery store, I am saving lots of money cooking again
We didn't have the Food Network when I was a child, my little treasured cookbook is still with me and is over 50 years old. Pretty amazing to me.
Flaky Butter Biscuits
2 C. sifted flour
4 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/4 C. soft butter
2/3 C. milk
1. Turn on the oven and set at 425 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, add baking powder and salt and sift again into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the butter to the flour mixture. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender of 2 knives. Continue blending until mixture looks like course crumbs.
4. When well-mixed, add the milk all at once. Stir with a fork just til the dough follows the fork around the bowl. Don't stir too much as it will make the biscuits tough.
5. Sprinkle a little flour on a board and rolling pin. Dust hands with flour and knead the dough about 10 times.
6. Roll out the dough until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a biscuit cutter, or a glass or I actually used a ring from my canning jars.
7. Place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet.
8. Bake at 425 degrees for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Here is that commercial.
Perky Prepping Gramma is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.